Who says winter has to put a damper on a good steak? Here's a quick way to improve your indoor-cooked steak.
- Turn oven on broil and put pan or sheet which you will be cooking the steak on in the oven
- Leave the pan in the oven until a flick of water sizzles on it
- Remove pan and turn oven onto bake (325-350F)
- Sear steak on both sides on hot pan
- Put steak & pan into the oven and cook.
This quick-tip is fantastic because it helps your oven simulate the heat effects of a BBQ by getting the heat moving.